- Solo Dallas - Ex...
Solo Dallas - Ex Tower
Solo Dallas - Ex Tower
The EX Tower by Solo Dallas is an exact reproduction of a recently discovered interactive combination of studio grade compression, expansion, optical limiting, boost and EQ effects.
This delicately balanced circuit may very well be the missing link between many legendary guitarists known for their unmistakable tone and sustain.
This all-analog unit is a reproduction of the tone enhancing circuitry contained within the most widely used wireless system throughout the 1970's to mid 1980's, the Schaffer Vega Diversity System (SVDS). Emphatic users of the SVDS included Angus Young, David Gilmour, Eddie Van Halen, Carlos Santana, Peter Frampton, Peter Green, Joe Walsh, Don Felder, Elliot Randall, Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir... and an endless list of legends who are responsible for some of the best guitar parts ever recorded.
This rediscovered vintage effect is also becoming a favorite among current players who are using it to enhance their own signature tone.
Keith Urban, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Chris Stein, Doug Aldrich, Richard Fortus (GnR), Scott Metzger, Isaiah Sharkey, Joe Bonamassa, Coco Montoya, Steve Stevens, Gilby Clarke, Lenny Kaye, Elliot Randall, Boris Grebenshikov, Billie Joe Armstrong and Angus Young. Iconic bassists include Pino Palladino, Sting, and Rudy Sarzo. Keyboard master Derek Sherinian also swears by it on organs and synths.
FEATURES - Solo Dallas - Ex Tower - (Front Panel)
- INPUT knob controls our signature gain circuit that bumps the crucial low-mid frequencies responsible for giving live instruments punch and making them stand out in the mix (think Angus Young guitar tone).It simultaneously controls Ken Schaffer's signature compander circuit which levels the output of each individual frequency then feeds them into a studio grade expander to restore amplitude and remove unwanted compression artifacts. Companding also tames transients while accentuating harmonics to produce the sonic richness associated with “The Schaffer Sound”.
- OUTPUT knob controls a powerful op-amp capable of delivering a whopping 30db of clean boost. This analog boost is perfect for making lead parts stand out, adding fullness to the signal going into the front end of a clean amplifier or pushing it into oblivion!
- POWER rotary switch located on front panel for easy access.
- POWER ON LEDs light up red when power is turned on
- STATUS LED lights up green when effect is engaged (default mode)
- AUDIO IN 1/4" jack located on front panel for easy access.
- AUDIO LEVEL VU meter displays realtime output signal strength
FEATURES - Solo Dallas - Ex Tower - (Rear Panel)
- FOOTSWITCH 1/4" jack for effect bypass (effect ON when unplugged)
- AUDIO OUT 1/4" jack to amplifier
- BALANCED OUT XLR output
- MODE switch to engage/disengage BOOST function
- BYPASS SWITCH to engage/disengage OPTICAL LIMITER
- OPTICAL LIMITER knob controls Ken Schaffer’s signature Opto-Isolator limiter. This circuit transparently raises the overall output while protecting the signal from clipping or distorting unnaturally.This ‘brick wall’ optical limiter initially smooths out excessive attack then makes notes and chords naturally bloom back open to retain amplitude. This studio effect allows for perfect string separation and produces “sustain for days” at even the cleanest amp settings.
You could also like:
CIRCUIT100% Analog Circuitry
BOARDPremium Grade Gold Plated Circuit Board
SWITCHHeavy Duty True-Bypass Switch
INPUT JACKNeutrik Jacks
METERIlluminated VU Meter
DIMENSIONSEnclosure Dimensions: 8.25" D x 3.6" W x 7" H
ORIGINMade in USA
POWERPower Requirements: 15-18VDC Center Positive, 250mA. *PSU suited for your country included with purchase